- Side effects in Python.
- The wasted talent in the meeting room.
- Dates as they were meant to be, in Python and Common Lisp.
- Playing with convolutions in Python.
- Why you should be hacking your work environment.
- Tinkering: prototype your way out of uncertainty.
- Learnings during the development of greaterskies.com.
- A visual explanation of the Bayes theorem.
My last project: GreaterSkies builds a high-quality, personalized chart of the sky. Now on-line, it will make a great present for new-born babies and birthdays (también en castellano, póster del cielo como regalo de cumpleaños). The graphic design is by Mireya Caparrós, designer.
At HP I am leading the re-architecture of a 10-year-old, 600k-line piece of code in Python and C++.
My current free-lance project: writing and deploying a Naïve Bayes Classifier in Python for a company that makes and analyzes surveys.
Also check out my iOS application, GeoPostr: save notes and photos associated to geographic coordinates, keep them on the cloud as a Fusion Table and with PicasaWeb, and share them with Facebook and Twitter.